What's Happening in April?
Themes - Bears, Easter, Earth Day, Weather/Spring
Personal and Social Responsibility
- continue to work on following classroom routines and behaviour expectations and exploring more of Leader in Me with a focus on Habit #7 Sharpen the Saw. We will keep focusing and moving through our day with being successful with our mission statement.
Our Classroom Mission Statement:
We promise to fill the buckets of children and teachers and be kind to our school everyday.
It is our turn to host the school assembly! We hope to see you April 26th at 9am.
- We continue to practice letters and sounds by working on beginning sounds, stretching out words we read together and printing practice. We have been using Handrwiting Without Tears to learn how to properly form uppercase letters. We are practicing rhyming by looking at word families. We have practiced sight words: yes, no, can, my
*Over half of our class knows all their letters and sounds!!!*
- We continue to explore numbers by breaking numbers apart into "__ and __ make _3, 4, or 5_ with dot collections and chunkits. We have been working on describing objects and shapes and working in our math journals.
Physical Skills and Well Being in the classroom
- strengthening pincer hand grasp, scissor use with sensory bins and tools, paper work, Handwriting without Tears printing/drawing program. Identifying healthy choices for first snack.
- dramatic play within our Bears, Easter, and Weather/Spring themes. Bears, Easter, and Weather/Spring themed crafts. Daily songs with dances and movement breaks.
Environment and Community Awareness
- participating in a variety of centers to explore properties of materials (such as sand, water, playdough, beans, rice, scrap paper and many different building toys) and using a them safely and properly.
Citizenship and Identity
- We enjoying Star of the Week presentations. Thank you for your help and your visits. The kids enjoy them so much!
- We are using Chrome Books. We have been visiting www.starfall.com to practice letter and reading. Most students have become independent with typing in 'starfall' in the Google search bar and finding their way to the site! Also, we have now gone into abcya.com to practice finding keys on the keyboard. We have also learnt to scroll with 2 fingers on the mouse pad.