What's Happening in December?
Theme - Christmas
Personal and Social Responsibility
- continue to work on following classroom routines and behaviour expectations and exploring more of Leader in Me with a focus on Habit #4 Think Win - Win. We will keep focusing and moving through our day with being successful with our mission statement.
Our Classroom Mission Statement:
We promise to fill the buckets of children and teachers and be kind to our school everyday.
- continue name printing practice, begin Jolly Phonics program to learn letters (Oct: Ss, Pp, Cc, Bb, Hh, Mm; Nov: Dd, Aa, Tt, Rr, Ii, Nn, Kk, Ee, Gg, Oo and Dec: Jj and reviewing letters we have learned with a focus on beginning sounds), listening attentively to stories, and participate in class discussions.
- continue to explore numbers, patterns, sorting, shapes, and begin using Math Journals for problem solving.
Physical Skills and Well Being in the classroom
- encouraging and strengthening pincer hand grasp (using tweezers, marbles on tees, button line formations), scissor use, identifying healthy choices for first snack.
- We are practicing for our Christmas Concert on Tuesday, December 13 at 10:45. We are excited to see you at the Legacy Center
Environment and Community Awareness
- participating in a variety of centers to explore properties of materials (such as sand, water, playdough, beans, rice, etc.) and using a them safely and properly
Citizenship and Identity
- We get to enjoy Star of the Week presentations from Drake, Samantha and Alice. Eric will have the first turn in January.